1) Is the home inspector working FULL TIME as an inspector or employed elsewhere and just doing 1 or 2 home inspections a month.
2) Does the home inspector have any physical limitations that would limit their access to tall laders, roofs, crawl spaces or small openings?
- You want your home inspector available during all normal business hours and to be able to time the home inspection around YOUR schedule! You should be able to get the inspector to your job within 24 hours if desired. Ask the inspector how many inspections they did last month. It should be over a dozen.
- A full time inspector tends to have better equipment, reports, knowledge and prices (part timers may cherry pick jobs with very high prices).
- full time inspectors are just more experienced and in touch with current issues and conditions and will be able to serve you better.
3) When did the inspector first become licensed?
- The inspector legally can decide what is safe for him or her to access.
- I have been hired by clients because their last inspector was too heavy for the ladder and wrote that the attic was inaccesible.
Get an inspector with years of experience and related prior work.
4) Ask about the report! — Reoprt quality varies greatly.
5) Is the crawl space included in the same low price?
6) Are follow up letters to insurance agents included if desired at no additional cost? (Often insurance discounts may be available).
7) Does the inspector have his own lock box access, or do you have to arrange that timing with the realtor?
8) Can you attend or follow the inspector? (You really should)
9) Does the inspector offer a Warranty through a 3rd party?
- Does it have pictures? (not required)
- Is it a narrative or checkbox? (narrative takes hours to prepare, but you will understand it).
- Is there a summary page?
- Is there a energy addendum for green ideas?
- When will the report be ready?, it should never take longer than 48 hours, same day if desired.
There are reasons why Realtors use Safe at Home when they purchase their own homes. There simply is no better option in NWA. Safe at Home – Home Inspections is located in Springdale, AR and operates throughout NWA. Steven Rehbock of Safe at Home – Home Inspections is a residential Home Inspection specialist, with over 30 years of experience as a Home Inspector and a luxury custom home builder, owner of Crescent homes inc. See our FAQ for quick answers.
Have you ever had a home “how to” question and just needed someone to get a quick answer from?
The home inspector at Safe at Home will be happy to answer those for you through Email for as long as you like. No one else even sells such a benefit, we offer it as a courtesy, worth more than the price of the inspection alone!
HOME INSPECTION PRICE LIST – click here
Limited Warranty through American Home Warranty Company